Friday, February 17, 2012

Aloha

Alright friends and family, here (finally) is a quick recap of my Hawaii trip so far!

Best hike: Kileau Iki (in volcanoes national park). You start out in rainforest and find yourself walking across an expansive, barren lava lake past steam vents and lava rock.

Weirdest sighting: I would have said the zebra, until I saw a rhinoceros. Yep, that's what I saw. Apparently there used to be a zoo and some of the animals are still around. Love it :)

Best impromptu adventure: Letterboxing in kona. Look it up if you don't know what it is - makes for a fun afternoon!

Best of all: Scuba diving! I went on my first two dives yesterday and as of about 1 pm today I am a certified open water diver!!

I can breathe underwater. We saw a hornbill turtle swimming around (they're huge!), a spotted eagle ray, a green sea turtle, an eel AND, the best thing ever...we could hear whales singing underwater :) Whales. Singing. Underwater. So happy!

Anyway, I'm off to nap and then check out lahaina's art scene tonight. I'm adding some phone pics, but better pics will be up sometime after I'm home :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.