Saturday, May 16, 2009

CityWalks #1 - Downtown

So I've taken every Monday off from last week to the end of the summer (and I enjoyed it sooo much last week!). Basically they told us we need to use up our vacation. So I decided that each Monday (or at least most of them) I'm going to take a walk around a section of the city. I'm using my CityWalks deck as a basic jumping off point and then just exploring from there.


Last week - on my first walk - I started out at South Street Seaport and made my way through downtown to Battery City Park and up to WTC

I've only been to South Street Seaport a couple of times before - and always for a specific event. So I was a little shocked by how touristy and blah it is. There's a huge mall there and a ton of restaurants and shops. And that's about it. There are a couple of ships that I guess you can go on sometimes - but not on a Monday.

I sort of sped through downtown - been there, done that. And then I got to battery city park, which is still my favorite place in the city. I had my macro lens and got to use that a bit along the esplanade. And it was just a really great day!


Flowers along the esplanade - so close & detailed!

A little squirrel friend who was too brave for me - I totally backed down when he came at me!

Next up: The Lower East Side, City Hall and TriBeCa.

No comments: