Wednesday, June 21, 2006

La Copa de la Vida

That's right, I'm quoting a Ricki Martin song. And that is because it's World Cup time!! I have been completely obsessed and engrossed since June 9 with who is playing, winning and going to the next round. I'm happy to report that Sweden secured a spot in the second round yesterday with a tie against England (go family homeland). And I am currently jumping out of my seat hoping that Mexico gets through. They're down right now, but could still pull it off.

So far I haven't actually taken any days off of work for matches - just gone to bars for lunchtime to see the games! Tomorrow is the US, so my lunchtime will be 11-12 to see the second half. Go US!!

Other than World Cup madness, not much to report. I have a new roommate, Joanna (I'm still trying to get in touch with the one who skipped out on May 31) and she is fabulous. Totally cool and laid-back. Plans for tonight: trivia at Pete's Candy Shop with Joanna. We came in 13th overall last week, but we've got plans for pumping up our trivia knowledge and placing better this week. Basically, the plan is to read the NY Post - which they referred to an unhealthy amount of times last week. That's not real news people. But if it gets us a better spot in trivia night, I'll sacrifice and read it once a week.

1 comment:

Kat(i)e said...

you should have been in paris this weekend- they are world cup crazy over there. most bars and restaurants are showing every game, and hoards of parisians and tourists alike gather around tv sets large and small to get in on the football action. we SO have to catch the next US (& France) games and pray that we make it to the next round!!!