Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gators and Sunshine

Well, thanks to work I got to go down to Key Biscayne & Miami, FL last week/weekend. They sent me on a 3-day conference to learn more about my job and how to do it well. That was all nice, but the best part was staying at a beach resort for 3 nights! Of course, that led to me having a little too much fun on the beach after the conference let out Friday. I'm more red than tan, but I still hold out hopes that it will fade to a lovely shade of brown. After the conference I moved into a $20/night dorm bed in South Beach (work stopped paying at that point). It was on a little pedestrian street called Espanola Way with great little shops and restaurants all around.



And only 2 blocks from the beach - which I visited, but only after the sun went down.





I also got to go out to the Everglades - about 45 minutes from South Beach - and see alligators and turtles and other wildlife. We rode in a fan boat and got to watch some Gator Wrestling too!







All in all, a great trip!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Well I accidently emailed you too, but I'll repeat myself... The pics are great, and you look fantastic! Thanks for putting them up so quickly!